Most visits are text-based. In some instances and locations, clinicians may utilize video briefly at the start of a visit as a component of establishing a patient/doctor relationship. Once this has been established, the encounter will resume in a text-based format (with ongoing support for audio, video and photo as needed).
Articles in this section
- Does the service support languages other than English?
- Can you screen/test for HIV or other sexually transmitted infections/sexually transmitted diseases (STIs/STDs)?
- Can I get a doctors note from this service?
- What is virtual care? How does it fit into my life?
- Can you treat lifestyle conditions?
- Why can’t your doctors prescribe certain medications, like opioids, Viagra or Propecia?
- Can the service help with pain management?
- Does the app offer behavioral health treatment options?
- How often can I use the service?
- Are visits text- or video-based?